Overhead Bridge Cranes
Cincinnati Crane & Hoist custom manufactures our own single and double girder overhead cranes. We are able to provide our customers with exceptional quality, price, and consistency. It is the experience and attention to detail that make Cincinnati Crane & Hoist one of the nation’s leaders in quality and affordable crane systems.
A Bridge Crane system consists of three major components:
1. Bridge Crane: The bridge is built as a single or double, beam or box girder which traverses and down the runway. Below lists the advantages of each configuration.
2. Hoist and Trolley: The hoist lifts your load up and down while it traverses across the bridge. More details are provided under the hoist section of this site.
3. Runway: Designed as either freestanding or tied to the building structure, the runway layout determines the area your crane can service. This is an important element with engineering considerations.
Bridge Crane Design:
The needed crane capacity and area your crane needs to span are the primary consideration when determining if your crane will be built as a beam crane or a box girder crane. These are the advantages of each type.
Advantages of a Single Girder Design:
- Less expensive, reduced freight costs, simplified and faster installation, and less material for the bridge and runway beams
- Most economical option for light to medium duty cranes
- Lower loads on the building structure or foundations due to a reduced dead weight. In many cases, it can be supported by existing roof structure without the use of additional support columns.
- Better hook approach for bridge travel
- Easier to install, service, and maintain
- Ideal for workshops, warehouses, material yards, and manufacturing and production facilities
- Lighter load on runway rails or beams means less wear on the end truck wheel over time
Advantages of a Double Girder Design:
- Greater hook height – how far above the floor the hoist will lift
- No limits to maximum span or capacity
- Ideal for production and transportation of heavy equipment
- Ideal for frequent lifting of heavy loads
- Added features like walkways and maintenance platforms, cabs, magnetic reels, and lights can be added and supported by a double girder design
- Can be used in indoor and outdoor applications, including mining, iron and steel, railyards, and ports
- Great for facilities with low headroom